Dr. Nicole Bank, BCBA, LBA-TX SCHEDULE AT A DATE AND TIME THAT WORKS FOR YOU! Earn 3 Learning BACB® CEUs!
This installment in our Journal Club Series will cover the article, “Resolving barriers to an applied science of the human condition: Rule governance and the verbal Behavior of applied scientists”
authored by Ivancic and Belisle published in The Analysis of Verbal Behavior
. CEUs are provided for reading the article, participating in an online discussion, and completing an article content quiz.
Resolving barriers to an applied science of the human condition: Rule governance and the verbal behavior of applied scientists. Some researchers contend that our restricted application of behavioral principles suggests our analysis of human language is not sufficient to understand the verbal behavior of typically developing adults. This article provides support for such an argument and suggests the future success of the field relies on modifying our own verbal behavior as applied scientists.
Resolving barriers to an applied science of the human condition: Rule governance and the verbal behavior of applied scientists. This is an interactive live online journal club. Participants will receive 3.0 Learning CEUs for completing all journal club activities. Participants are required to have read the entire article before attending the scheduled one-hour live online journal club discussion. Journal club discussions will include article details, article results, and implications for practice. Active participation is required. CEUs will be provided after completing an article content quiz on the BDS learning platform. Only those who read the article and actively participate in the live online discussion will be invited to take the content quiz. BDS is interested in increasing scholarly activities and discussion among BCBAs and BCaBAs. Stay tuned for future CE events in the BDS Journal Club Series!
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase the journal club meeting you would like to attend.
- Follow instructions for downloading a copy of the article.
- Add the following emails to your contacts in order to avoid important emails going to spam:
email@example.com AND PartnershipServices@gmail.com
- Receive an email with instructions on scheduling your online discussion at a date and time that is most convenient for you.
- If the product page indicates that a session is already scheduled, you may be able to join it; or, you could pick a different time.
- Once the online discussion is scheduled, you will receive a link for the online discussion.
- Read the article in it’s entirety.
- Join the journal club meeting at the scheduled time. Please mute your microphone upon entry.
- Stay online and involved for the 1-hour journal club meeting.
- Receive a link to the content quiz.
- Complete the content quiz to 80% accuracy.
- Receive 3 CEUs.
- Provide Skinner’s proposal to use behavior science to address suffering in the world.
- Identify the three proposed barriers to Skinner’s solutions.
- State how philosophy may have led to the current state of our science.
- State how bottom-up theorizing may have led to the current state of our science.
- Provide examples of how RFT strategies can help applied behavior scientists promote the field.
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board®, Inc. does not sponsor, approve, or endorse the material, information, or products described herein. (Note that the above disclaimer does not mean that the BACB disapproves this product. They simply don't endorse any CE products or events and they want you to know this. However, they do approve providers and BDS is an Approved Learning CE Provider. Therefore, you can rest assured that your CEUs will be accepted by the BACB.)